First off download the Linux NeoRouter Free client from their website, I opted for the 32-bit Ubuntu build, at the time of writing version 1.3.0. The client comes in a debian package which can be installed easily through the default Ubuntu gdebi package installer.
Once installed here's how to configure the NeoRouter client:
- Open a new terminal
- Run the NeoRouter client config tool: nrclientcmd
- Enter the IP or domain of your NeoRouter server
- Enter your username (unlike hamachi all clients need to login under the same username to be on the same virtual network, treat the username almost as the network name)
- Enter your username's password
- You should now be online on your NeoRouter network
- You now need to add your PC to the network, still within the nrclientcmd terminal type the command addcomputer
- Select the machine you are on, this should be 1 and press Enter
- Type 1 to confirm and press Enter
- Done! The machine should now be visible to the other devices on the NeoRouter VPN.